I know what you’re thinking: “as if I need another thing on my to-do list,” right? You’ve made the guest list, decided which relatives should sit together, the caterer and the band are booked; what else is there to worry about? Well, as your event day approaches, think about the importance of lighting your venue. Lighting can have an extremely powerful effect on both the event space and the guests. Lighting not only enhances the mood, but it also allows the photographer and videographer to capture magnificent memories while you dance the night away with friends and family. Whether it’s a wedding, gala, or a corporate event, BVTLive! will help make your event perfect!
To make sure the lighting is on point for your special day, here are a few things to take into consideration:
- Visit your venue at the same time as your reception so you can get a feel for how it will look.
- Pick features that you want to emphasize.
- Isolate features that you want to de-emphasized.
- Ask if the room’s lighting can be dimmed.
- Check if the room’s lighting is fluorescent or incandescent – you will want incandescent. It gives off a much softer glow.
These are just a few things to consider when picking the appropriate lighting for your wedding, gala or other event. Above all, it is most important to leave it to the professionals. Here at BVTLive! we will help walk you through the entire process. Do not go out and buy some lights thinking that you can accomplish this yourself. There is much to be said for DIY, but when it comes to this detail, take advantage of our services at BVTLive! to arrange lighting. To help you narrow down what you might like, here’s a breakdown of some of the lighting features we offer.
- Intelligent Lighting: Fixtures that are controlled by software. Lighting designers can change the look and feel throughout the evening. Soft and somber one moment, festive party the next!
- LED: Short for “Light Emitting Diode,” these lights allow for millions of different colors in just one fixture.
- Gobo: A specially designed insert that goes into a lighting fixture to project an image. How fun would it be to customize a monogram with you and your spouse’s initials? Gobo lights are very in right now!
- Uplit Backdrop: Whether it’s a fiber-optic curtain or a simple drape, uplighting a backdrop can be a simple, yet jaw-dropping addition to the dance-floor:
Sometimes terminology can throw you off and make you want to avoid something altogether. Hopefully, this helped you get a better feel for a few of the lighting options BVTLive! offers to make your event a hit. However busy you may feel right now, I promise you that taking the time to arrange some type of lighting will completely alter your event experience. Lighting is an extremely important element that can transform the look and feel of your venue. So get out your to-do list and add one more thing to it! You won’t regret it!